Apply for funds
In all its activities, Mission 21 advocates the establishment of gender equality justice. Together with women’s networks, church and organisational partners, Mission 21 seeks the most appropriate paths for each local situation, aiming to abolish gender hierarchies and discrimination.
Fund for the Advancement of Women, Mission 21
- The Fund for the Advancement of Women seeks to promote the visibility of the work on gender equality and justice carried out by Mission 21 partner organisations, in particular those efforts linked to the Sustainable Development Objective No. 5: “Achieve gender equality and empower all women and girls.”
- The application is part of the efforts to strengthen networks and develop skills, with a special focus on the programme’s strategic lines: gender mainstreaming; political advocacy for women’s rights; and support for the empowerment of women and girls.
- Applications for this fund come from Mission 21 partner organisations, and must be compatible with the objectives of the cooperation programme in the corresponding country/continent.
- It is highly recommended that at least two partner organisations participate in the design and implementation of the project, and that the target community or communities be included in the design, execution, and evaluation of the project. Projects that contribute to extend synergies, cooperation efforts, and networks will take preference in the selection process. The application must have one responsible organisation.
- The amount is transferred directly to the partner organisation responsible for the project. The financial and narrative report is the responsibility of the partner organisation within the framework of the cooperation programme, and is due at the time of the regular submission deadline for annual reports.
- For the year 2019, requests must not exceed USD 10.000 per project. Please take this amount in USD as a general guideline and indicate, when possible, the amount in the local currency. Applicants may apply for the total of said amount or a partial amount.
- The application deadline for all projects should be at least one month before the planned start of the project and not later than November 30th of that same year.
- The application can be submitted in the following languages: Spanish, English, or French.
- The selection of the projects is overseen by the Women and Gender Desk of Mission 21 in conjunction with the Programme Officer.
For more information and application form, send an email to: applicationfund[at]m21-womengender.org